jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Lee Mallabone <lee.mallab...@transactgroup.net>
Subject Re: jsr170 browse tools
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 15:11:11 GMT
On Wednesday 12 October 2005 15:03, David Nuescheler wrote:

> [off topic: just with respect to eugeny's earlier question this puts you
> into the range of 600k nodes and probably around ~2m properties. is that
> correct?]

I have just over 600k nodes, yes. I think I'm nearer to 1 million properties,
rather than 2million - I've got very minimal property data, set only on the
jcr:content nodes.

To give an idea of the timings I'm seeing: I use getNode() to retrieve a
random folder node, then find its children (with getNodes()) and retrieve the
image data of the first nt:file node. The average time I'm seeing to do that
is about 280ms. This is on a P4 3.2GHz machine, dual SATA RAID storage,
running Linux. The average time to add an image (just adding the nt:file and
jcr:content nodes with requisite properties) is about 200ms.

These are not accurately measured averages I'm afraid; I've been outputting
lots of timings at various stages of my experiments recently and they're
roughly the average times I'm seeing.

Regards,

--
Lee Mallabone.