jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Lee Mallabone <lee.mallab...@transactgroup.net>
Subject Re: jsr170 browse tools
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:51:39 GMT
On Wednesday 12 October 2005 13:52, David Nuescheler wrote:

> how would an eclipse plugin work for you?
>
> http://www.day.com/eclipse/

Looks great, though unfortunately I've ran into a problem using it. I have a
Jackrabbit repository with 3000 nt:folder nodes directly below the root node.
Each folder node has ~100 nt:file child nodes.

When I try and open the root node of my repository using the eclipse plugin,
Eclipse runs out of memory, even if I put the max heap size of the workbench
up to 400 meg. Given that the 3000 nodes have no user metadata associated
with them, I can only assume that the whole workspace is being loaded?

Is the plugin open source at all? Is the code available? I'm wiling to submit
patches where possible if so.

Lee.