jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <ju...@zitting.name>
Subject Re: Preparing for 1.0
Date Sat, 08 Oct 2005 12:17:48 GMT
Hi,

Another subject to discuss before the 1.0 release is the contents and
structure
of the distribution package. I think the Maven dist goal is a good place to
start, but what else than the Jackrabbit jar and docs would we want to include
in the package?

Edgar already touched this issue in his comment to JCR-227 [1],
suggesting that
we include all the dependencies and modules and add jcr-server scripts for
running Jackrabbit in server mode. I kind of like this idea, with instructions
for using just the Jackrabbit jar and dependency libs if you want to run a
content repository embedded in a container or a standalone application.

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-227#action_12331599

What do you think? I could setup Maven rules for building such a dist package
and start doing unofficial nightly builds to try out the package structure.

BR,

Jukka Zitting