jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <ju...@zitting.name>
Subject Re: Preparing for 1.0
Date Sat, 08 Oct 2005 11:46:58 GMT
Hi,

Edgar Poce wrote:
> On 10/7/05, Jukka Zitting <jukka@zitting.name> wrote:
>> Some of the contribs (like db-persistence and
>> textfilters) wouldn't even need their own module directories as they
>> should be fully integrated with Jackrabbit.
>
> In order to keep jackrabbit lightweighted I'd rather put them in a
> separate directory. Textfilters would include many dependencies only
> useful for those who need to index binary formats.

I don't have a strong preference about this, so having textfilters as an
optional module is OK with me. I was just thinking about the installation
manual I've been drafting. From that perspective it would be somewhat nicer to
have support for indexing the main binary formats built-in rather than as an
additional deployment option.

BR,

Jukka Zitting