jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <ju...@zitting.name>
Subject HEADS UP: Automatic repository shutdown removed
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 14:18:28 GMT
Hi,

Warning to all people who are relying on Jackrabbit to automatically close the
repository when the JVM shuts down. As discussed in JCR-120 I've now (revision
307128) removed the JVM shutdown hook from the RepositoryImpl class. This
implies that all clients that call RepositoryImpl.create() must from now on
also explicitly call RepositoryImpl.shutdown() to close the repository.

I did add a similar shutdown hook to the BindableRepository class to avoid
problems in JNDI-based container environments where there is no easy way to
invoke the shutdown() method.

BR,

Jukka Zitting