jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanouil Batsis <manos_li...@geekologue.com>
Subject Re: shutting down repository obtained from jndi via spring
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 08:43:55 GMT
On Wednesday 05 October 2005 22:34, Brian Moseley wrote:
> yeah, i can do that, but it breaks "webapp encapsulation". deploying my
> webapp is no longer as simple as setting up the repository as a global
> naming resource and then having an implementation-agnostic webapp.

Same problem for me; i'm writing a ContextListener to initialize the repo on
webapp startup and close it on shutdown. Using reflection to check for a
shutdown() method in the repo implementation is the best way i have come up
with to avoid using jackrabbit packages. I havent tried it yet and i am not
sure i always want to actually shutdown the repo along with the webapp but
that is another issue...

> perhaps the ultimately most correct approach to this is to add a
> shutdown method to javax.jcr.Repository.

+1 but i would not expect that to pop up soon.

Manos