jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <ju...@zitting.name>
Subject Re: shutting down repository obtained from jndi via spring
Date Sun, 02 Oct 2005 16:48:10 GMT
Hi,

Fabrizio Giustina wrote:
> The reason for me appears to be http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-120:
> it was fixed some time ago, but after changes to jackrabbit now it
> continues to break on different classes (also non-jackrabbit ones,
> like commons-collection). A ServletContextListener do the job, as it
> appers to be executed before tomcat stop loading new classes.

Ah, just as I expected, the JCR-120 fix did eventually get broken. :-(

I reopened the JCR-120 bug with an idea of how this issue should be
handled. I'd
like to remove the shutdown hook from RepositoryImpl and require all
client code
to explicitly shut down the repository they've instantiated. Otherwise I don't
think we'll ever find a proper solution to this class loading issue.

BR,

Jukka Zitting