jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Joseph B. Ottinger" <j...@enigmastation.com>
Subject Jackrabbit and I
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2005 12:27:12 GMT
I'm a little frustrated.

I'm trying to get a base jackrabbit installation running, so I can use
content management without writing all the guts of it myself, and things
aren't quite working out.

The biggest cause is the lack of a cohesive download. I have the source; I
build locally with Maven. Things work out (I think). It compiles; most
tests pass (as it's still in the incubator, is this normal?)

Yet building a cohesive set of jars is enough to drive one mad. (Well,
drive ME mad.) I'm told (via IBM and some other such resources) to trawl
through my maven repository to pull out various dependencies, and after
doing so, javax.jcr.BinaryValue isn't found in my classpath.

Grrrrr!!!!

(Sorry; just a little frustrated. JCR is a great idea, and I'm determined
that some day, somehow, we're going to make it so that you don't have to
bend your body into weird shapes and sacrifice a goat just to drop it in
and USE it.)

Joseph B. Ottinger                             http://enigmastation.com
Editor, http://www.TheServerSide.com             joeo@enigmastation.com