jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "John Newton" <john.new...@alfresco.org>
Subject RE: TCK tests
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 10:41:03 GMT
We are facing a similar issue ourselves. We are torn between implementing multiple workspaces
or a single workspace primarily because of the nature of the query interface. Since the query
interface is a method of the workspace it is only possible to search a workspace and not the
entire repository. David Nuescheler has pointed out that it is possible to search the entire
version store, but this requires that nodes are actually versioned.

Choosing between simplifying search across the repository and the additional functionality
of correlating version sets between workspaces, we are currently choosing simplified search
and single workspace. We are trying to figure out a way to get both.

Will this affect TCK compliance? Will this be an optional part?

What are other people's experiences with multiple workspaces?

Thanks in advance,
John

John Newton
Alfresco.org