jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "David Caruana" <david.caru...@alfresco.org>
Subject Node.hasProperty clarification
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 11:20:26 GMT
What is the expected behaviour if Node.hasProperty is called with a
malformed path?  I believe it can throw a RepositoryException, but the
spec isn't explicit.

If that is the case, there may be an issue with the TCK
NodeReadMethodsTest.testHasProperty().  It builds a non-existent
property name by cycling through the existing property names and
concatenating them.  In our test data, we have namespaced property names
resulting in a path that contains many ':' seperated elements.  Our
hasProperty() implementation is throwing an invalid name exception and
thus the test fails.

Is that an issue with the test or should we return false in the case of
malformed paths?

Regards,
David Caruana
www.alfresco.org