jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Tobias Bocanegra <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: custom AccessManager
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 10:03:37 GMT
> I am writing my custom AccessManager and encountering some questions.
> In my design, permission policy statement is stored in properties of
> accessed node.
> I want to get them by ItemManager rather than by JSR-170 ...,It seems better.
> But I need to redesign ItemManager. Maybe need a new getItem() method without
> AccessManager check for avoid infinite loop of access check...
> Could any member redesign AMContext,ItemManager and SessionImpl for
> this reason? I thought this is useful for others.

well, that would be too invasive. you need to find another mechanism
to prevent infinite look, either work with java security (i.e. use
AccessController.doPrivileged(PrivilegedAction)) or put the acm in the
thread-local, or read the permissions of your nodes in a separately,
using a system session.

cheers, tobi
T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97