jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Tobias Bocanegra <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Revert the great split
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 07:05:15 GMT
it seems, that the majority wants to switch back to the old structure.
before moving the files, i suggest to think about the repackaging as
suggested by roy.

commons will go to: org.apache.jackrabbit.util.*
core will go to: org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr.*
api would go to: org.apache.jackrabbit.* but is currently empty.

i'm not happy with the api packaging, but i can't come up with a
better solution.

please note, that the refactoring will break all existing
configurations, since the class names (eg of the persistence managers)
are referenced in the xmls. maybe we could provide a backward
compatibility mapping in the config reader which logs a deprecation
warning. on the other hand, 1.0 is not released yet, and we should not
respect backward compatibility too much.

--
tobi

On 9/8/05, Jukka Zitting <jukka@zitting.name> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As suggested by Tobias, I'd like to start a vote on whether to revert
> the  "great split" proposed and implemented as issue JCR-157
> (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-157). I'm ready to undo the
> restructuring, but I'd like a clear consensus before doing that. So
> please vote on whether we should revert the split.
>
> [ ] +1 Revert the JCR-157 changes
> [ ]  0 Happy with either project structure
> [ ] -1 Do not revert the JCR-157 changes
>
> The vote is open until the end of this week. I'll close the vote and
> take actions accordingly on Monday the 12th.
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97