jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Edgar Poce <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Model 3 deployment status
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 01:59:16 GMT
Hi phil

On 9/29/05, Phil Bingley <Phil.Bingley@tvnz.co.nz> wrote:
> Ideally I'd like to be able to have a rich client use the JCR API remotely against the
same data as a webapp using the JCR API with local calls to the underlying data.  I was thinking
that I'd be able to implement a PersistenceManager etc to enable this but after doing a lot
of reading there would be caching etc internal to JackRabbit that would stop this from working.
 This is basically what gets in the way of clustering isn't it?.
> Am I heading in a bad direction with my ideas or would this be a workable solution?

I don't think so, see the folowing issue
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-169.

br,
edgar