jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Edgar Poce <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: shutting down repository obtained from jndi via spring
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2005 18:32:29 GMT
Hi brian

On 9/28/05, Brian Moseley <bcm@osafoundation.org> wrote:
> since updating to the latest jackrabbit source, i'm finding that a
> normal server shutdown does not cause the repository to be shutdown. the
> repository lock file is not removed, and i can not successfully reopen
> the repository when restarting tomcat.

I think it shouldn't happen, could you please post a jira issue and
provide the configuration details?. I added the repository lock
recently but it shouldn't have broken anything.

> i tried using a destroy method on my bean (see below), but i got an
> error from DefaultListableBeanFactory that "Couldn't find a destroy
> method named 'shutdown' on bean with name 'jcrRepository'".

because when you use jndi you get a JNDI aware wrapper that doesn't
expose the shutdown method, o.a.j.c.jndi.BindableRepository. I'm not
sure if it should, what do other think?

br,
edgar