jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: XPathOrderByTest issue
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 13:53:43 GMT
Hi David,

David Caruana wrote:
> We're having trouble passing the TCK
> XPathOrderByTest.testOrderByDescending.

Now that I've seen the code I wonder how it is possible that this test
succeeded in jackrabbit :-/
Probably we were lucky picking the right test data...

> The method evaluateResultOrder() in AbstractQueryTest tests the first
> result row against "".  For descending order, it's very unlikey that a
> value will be <= "" and so we fail.  Can you verify this test is right?
> Or are we missing something?

No, you're absolutely right, the test case is broken.

> This is the last level 1 test for us to pass, so any help is
> appreciated.

That's great to hear.
I've just committed the fix for AbstractQueryTest. svn revision: 292733

Thanks for reporting this issue.

regards
  marcel