jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: ExportDocViewTest issues?
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2005 09:15:00 GMT
David Caruana wrote:
> I'm struggling to pass the ExportDocViewTest even though I believe I
> have generated a compliant document xml view.
>
> All is fine until the ExportDocViewTest.compareNamespaces() method is
> called.  It attempts to extract the namespaces that have been declared
> on the root document node by getting all attributes on the node and
> seperating those that are xmlns prefixed.
>
> My problem is that the root node never has the xmlns attributes in the
> dom result - it only contains the "true" attributes.  The
> TransformerFactory and Transformer implementations are org.apache.xalan
> in my environment.

That's a bit strange, because the namespace declarations are
definitively there as your example shows. Have you been able to narrow
down whether it's the DOM implementation or the test case that could not
find the namespace declarations?

> Also, the assert at the end subtracts one from the number of registered
> namespaces - why? For the xml namespace?

That's because the xml namespace is implicitly defined in an xml
document, but the namespace registry in JCR will still contain the
prefix to namespace mapping. The -1 compensates that fact.

I also noticed that a namespace declaration for the empty namespace is
missing in your document view sample. See last paragraph of section 7.2.

regards
  marcel