jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Huber <shub...@jahia.com>
Subject Re: Is JDBC persistence manager supported by jackrabbit?
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 07:09:39 GMT
Edgar Poce wrote:

> Hi serge
>
> Serge Huber wrote:
>
>> I was away for 3 weeks at the army so sorry for the late reply.
>>
> It's probably my non native english skills betraying me but I'm curious,
> is it some kind of expression or are you fighting a war in your spare
> time? ;)

Sorry I wasn't precise enough. As I am Swiss, we have to go to mandatory
weeks every year in the army. I just did 3 weeks of military service and
I have a lot to catch up too now :)

> I didn't mean jcr-rmi could be used to scale jackrabbit horizontally. I
> meant that jcr-rmi could be used in a j2ee cluster scenario to access a
> single instance of jackrabbit, I'm thinking of something like ...
>
> Box1. App Server   Box2. App Server2
> jcr-rmi client      jcr-rmi client
> ----------------   ---------------
>          BOX3. jackrabbit
>           jcr-rmi server

ok but this means BOX3 is a single point of failure box. Ideally I'm
interested in scenarios where scalability could be assured horizontally,
as well as transaction management.

Regards,
  Serge...