jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Edgar Poce <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is JDBC persistence manager supported by jackrabbit?
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 03:52:39 GMT
Hi serge

Serge Huber wrote:
> I was away for 3 weeks at the army so sorry for the late reply.

It's probably my non native english skills betraying me but I'm curious,
is it some kind of expression or are you fighting a war in your spare
time? ;)

> The RMI-cluster solution is interesting, but I worry about
> connection/disconnection problems. The full database implementation
> causes performance problems, especially for binary data. Basically what
> this means is that we are implementing some sort of clustered
> file-system, that supports transactions and is as high-performance as
> possible.
I didn't mean jcr-rmi could be used to scale jackrabbit horizontally. I
meant that jcr-rmi could be used in a j2ee cluster scenario to access a
single instance of jackrabbit, I'm thinking of something like ...

Box1. App Server   Box2. App Server2
jcr-rmi client      jcr-rmi client
          BOX3. jackrabbit
           jcr-rmi server