jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Possible bug in TCK test WorkspaceCloneReferenceableTest.testCloneNodesRemoveExistingFalse
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 16:21:25 GMT
Hi Doug,

McComsey, Doug wrote:
> I think I found a bug in WorkspaceCloneReferenceableTest.testCloneNodesRemoveExistingFalse
but I would like a second opinion.

> When I run the test I fail with an ItemExistsException on the first clone statement,
as follows.

> public void testCloneNodesRemoveExistingFalse() throws RepositoryException {
>     // add mixin referenceable to node1
>     addMixinReferenceableToNode(node1);
>
>     // clone a node from default workspace to have the same uuid on second workspace
>     workspaceW2.clone(workspace.getName(), node1.getPath(), testRootNodeW2.getPath()
+ "/" + nodeName2, false);
> *** I fail on the above
>
>     // clone node1 from default workspace to second workspace
>     try {
>         workspaceW2.clone(workspace.getName(), node1.getPath(), testRootNodeW2.getPath()
+ "/" + nodeName3, false);
>         fail("If removeExisting is false then a UUID collision should throw a ItemExistsException");
>     } catch (ItemExistsException e) {
>         // successful
>     }
> }
>
> Upon examination I notice that node1 and node2 are created in both workspaces by the
setUp code. Therefore, I would expect the first clone to fail.

> 1. Am I seeing this correctly?
> 2. Does the test have a bug?
> 3. Should the first clone be removed since it appears to have already been done?

yes and yes ;)

but no to the third question. The setUp() method copied the nodes which
is different from cloning a node. When a node is copied it gets a new
UUID, whereas it keeps the UUID when it is cloned.

we didn't have the problem in jackrabbit because our implementation
supports same-name siblings. I've changed the test case that it does not
  try to create same-name siblings. svn revision is: 291163

let me know if that works for you and thanks for reporting this issue.

regards
  marcel