jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: TCK PredefinedNodeTypeTest.java issues?
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2005 08:44:05 GMT
Hi David,

thanks for reporting this issue.

David Caruana wrote:
> There's a bunch of tests that check the existence of each mixin and
> primary type definition outlined in the spec.  The tests fail if the
> definition is not found, however, I believe that only nt:base is
> required by the spec.

yes, that's correct. only nt:base is strictly required. I've changed the
test cases to not fail if a node type is not found.
svn revision is: 290908

> Also, the method getPropertyDefSpec is assuming that
> PropertyDefinition.getValueConstraints never returns null although this
> is an acceptable return value.

In general I agree with you, PropertyDefinition.getValueConstraints()
may return null. But since the test cases are checking well defined
constraints that are explicitly defined by the spec I think those
Property Definitions should reflect them.
IMO the spec allows null values when a property has constraints that
cannot be easily stated with the constraint mechanism described in the
spec. E.g. there might exist some constraint dependency, if property A
has value 10 than property B must be less than 100. This cannot be
reflected in a constraint returned by
PropertyDefinition.getValueConstraints() therefore it should return null.

regards
  marcel