jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Edgar Poce <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Internal package dependencies in Jackrabbit
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2005 02:50:31 GMT
Hi jukka

Jukka Zitting wrote:

> I tried creating a semi-automated package diagram for Jackrabbit, but at
> least at the moment there seems to be too many interdependencies to
> produce a good overview diagram. The result of a fully automated run can
> be found at http://yukatan.fi/2005/09/jcr/jackrabbit-dependencies.png. :-)
cool ;).

> Some immediate observations:
>
> * Move the QName constants from o.a.j.Constants to o.a.j.name.QName to
>   break the o.a.j <-> o.a.j.name dependency cycle.
>
> * Add a BlobFileSystem property to PMContext to break the direct
>   LocalFileSystem dependencies in the persistence managers.

sound good

> * Move the PersistenceManager, QueryManager, etc. interfaces and
>   associated component classes into one or more separate packages
>   (I think this was the idea of the .api proposal)

maybe I'm wrong but AFAIK the idea of the api project was to host the
new jcr api and not jackrabbit specific interfaces. However I think it
would be a good idea to move the internal interfaces into one or more
separate packages and reduce the dependencies. I'd like to see the
jackrabbit core components not only as the RI but also like a modular
and extensible toolkit for building custom jcr implementations.

br,
edgar