jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: jcr:like and namespaces
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2005 09:40:49 GMT
this should definitively not happen, though I was not able to reproduce
it on my jackrabbit checkout.

I have a vague idea what may cause the exception, but I'm not sure if
the change I have committed solves the issue. svn revision is: 290665

could you please check the logs for error messages that say something
like: "Exception while sorting nodes in document order: ..."

I'm particularly interested in the catched exception there.

thanks.

regards
  marcel

Raphaël Franchet wrote:
> Thank you Marcel,
>
> In fact, I was just testing jcr:like with jcr:primaryType but I don't
> need it on NAME properties.
>
> Therefore, I think I found a bug: tell me if I should open it
>
> queryManager.createQuery("//*[jcr:like(@jcr:primaryType, '%')]",
> Query.XPATH);
>
> gives me:

> at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.DocOrderNodeIteratorImpl.initOrderedIterator(DocOrderNodeIteratorImpl.java:170)

> at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.DocOrderNodeIteratorImpl.hasNext(DocOrderNodeIteratorImpl.java:135)

> --
> regards,
>
> Raphaël
>
> Marcel Reutegger a écrit :
>
>> Hi Raphaël,
>>
>> the jcr:like function is acutally not meant to be used with NAME
>> properties because it is not required by the spec (see section 6.6.3.3).
>> your second statement example works because the index structure is able
>> to handle this specific jcr:like expression, but it does not support it
>> in general as you have noticed with the last two statements.
>>
>> please post a jira enhancement request if you feel this is a feature
>> that should be included in jackrabbit.
>>
>> regards
>>  marcel
>>
>> Raphaël Franchet wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have got a strange behavior with the jcr:like function:
>>>
>>> createQuery("//*[@jcr:primaryType='myns:contentLanguage']"... OK
>>> createQuery("//*[jcr:like(@jcr:primaryType, '%:contentLanguage')]"... OK
>>>
>>> but as soon as I use namespaces in jcr:like,
>>>
>>> createQuery("//*[jcr:like(@jcr:primaryType,
>>> '%ns:contentLanguage')]"... KO