jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: PropertyReadMethodsTest relies on level 2 function
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2005 07:57:22 GMT
Hi David,

thanks for reporting this issue. until a very late draft version value
classes where part of the specification, but then they were dropped in
favour of the ValueFactory interface. unfortunately the test cases do
not reflect the semantic change that obtaining value instances are now
only required for level 2 repositories.

I will change the test cases as soon as possible.

regarding the CanSetPropertyXXXTests, initially they were considered as
required for level 1 repositories because the tests do not modify
content, hence were operating read-only on the workspace. but you are
right, they have to be moved to the level 2 tests because they use the
ValueFactory interface.

regards
  marcel