jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: TCK Test Data
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 08:19:02 GMT
David Caruana wrote:
> Thanks Marcel,
>
> Yes, I have found the JackRabbit test init code and am using that as a
> basis - as well as stepping through the api tests to see what
> interaction is taking place with the JCR api.
>
> It seems a little odd that the property tests (e.g. BooleanPropertyTest,
> DatePropertyTest) all pass when the repository does not contain a
> property of the expected type - is that correct? I'm executing within
> Eclipse, not the tck webapp.  Of course, every implementation will have
> varying support but if I understand correctly, you could essentially
> pass a host of property tests without a single call to the repository to
> get a value.

Yes, that's more or less correct. The reason for that is basically that
the specification only mandates certain property types depending on the
compliance level and the optional features that the repository supports.
An extremly simple level 1 repository could only consist of one node,
the root node. so, it only needs to expose the properties of nt:base.
That is, the properties jcr:primaryType and jcr:mixinTypes, both of type
  Name.

But not all test cases follow this strict view of a level 1 repository.
Most test cases require at least a couple of nodes and some string
properties.

regards
  marcel