jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: TCK Tests and Same-Name Siblings
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 07:19:16 GMT
Hi Doug,

McComsey, Doug wrote:
> The TCK tests include 4 sets of tests that check same-name siblings:
>
>     WorkspaceCloneSameNameSibsTest
>     WorkspaceCopyBetweenWorkspacesSameNameSibsTest
>     WorkspaceCopySameNameSibsTest
>     WorkspaceMoveSameNameSibsTest
>
> Can I be level 2 compliant without passing these tests?

Yes, a repository can be compliant even though the same-name siblings
test cases are not 'passed'. There are actually three outcomes for a
test case:
1) passed
2) failed
3) not executable

1) and 2) are self explaining.
3) means that
- the test case tests an optional feature and found out the repository
does not support it
or
- the repository does not contain sufficient content to execute a test
case. This may be the case in a level 1 repository that does not know
about e.g. properties of type double.

If a test case returns 'not executable' the TCK will still yield that
the repository is compliant.

regards
  marcel