jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Edgar Poce <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Shutting down repository
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 10:54:50 GMT

Aleksandar Pecanov wrote:
> Edgar Poce wrote:
>
>> Hi aleksandar
>>
>> You can get the underlying repository instance through the session.
>>
>> ((RepositoryImpl) session.getRepository()).shutdown() ;
>>
>> br,
>> edgar
>>
>> Aleksandar Pecanov wrote:
>>
>>> How can I shutdown a repository obtained as BindableRepository?
>>>

> But I get an instance of BindableRepository, not RepositoryImpl. How can
> I obtain RepositoryImpl? There is a private field inside the
> BindableRepository with that type but is not accessible.

give it a try to the following code, it should work.

         String configFile = "/temp/repository/repository.xml";
         String repHomeDir = "/temp/repository/";

         Hashtable env = new Hashtable();
"org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.provider.DummyInitialContextFactory");
         env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "localhost");
         InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(env);

         RegistryHelper.registerRepository(ctx, "repo", configFile,
repHomeDir, true);
         Repository r = (Repository) ctx.lookup("repo");

         Session s = r.login(new SimpleCredentials("u", "p"
                 .toCharArray()));
         ((RepositoryImpl) s.getRepository()).shutdown() ;

br,
edgar