jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting ...@yukatan.fi>
Subject Re: decorator package enhancements
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 12:53:32 GMT
Hi,

Costin Leau wrote:
> I've been working lately with the decorator package existent inside
> jcr-ext (contrib dir) and I've added some functionality in which you might be
> interested.

Cool! I've lately been too busy to actively work on the jcr-ext stuff,
so it's nice to hear that someone is interested in extending it.

> 1. I refactored RepositoryDecorator so that login methods variants don't call
> the repository directly but they delegate everything to the 2 params
> method i.e.:

That's fine. I've had a bit mixed views on how to best handle the many
method variants in JCR (especially the property accessors), but I see no
problem with such delegation as long as the choise of the base method to
call is clear (and it is possible to override this behaviour in a
decorator subclass).

> 2. I've added two DecoratorFactories for chaining decorators.

Nice. I'd be happy to review and integrate your work!

> What would be the procedure to review my code and maybe add
> this code to the JackRabbit procedure?

Please post a Jira issue about your enhancements and attach your changes
as a patch against the latest SVN sources. Remember to check the license
grant option on the attachment upload form so we can include your changes.

BR,

Jukka Zitting