jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: implementation independent repository lookup
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 07:37:07 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> I would like to test various JCR implementations (Jackrabbit, eXo
>> JCR, Jeiceira, ...) with a specific application and hence would like
>> to have
>>
>> bindRepository()
>> getRepository()
>>
>> independent of the implementation.
>

> Are you looking for something like the DriverManager in JDBC?

yes, I guess something like

jcr.drivers=org.apache.jackrabbit.Driver:com.jeceira.Driver

but I assume that JCR would have to enhance the API, right? Also
I guess the various implementations would have to find consensus on
how the configuration is being loaded or rather the API would impose
that on them I guess.

> I was thinking about proposing such a mechanism sometime ago, but I've
> since settled on using JNDI in container environments and Spring (or
> another component framework) in standalone applications.

do you have some code snippets how this can be done without using for
instance
the jackrabbit specific RegistryHelper?

Thanks

Michi