jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting ...@yukatan.fi>
Subject Re: Rethinking the great split
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 06:24:12 GMT
Hi,

Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> Me too -- I've tried several times to recover a decent website build
> from the split directories and I am ready to give up.  Since nobody
> else has built the site since the split was made, I think it is a
> dead end that is hampering progress.

Agreed. OK with everyone if I just move things back the way they were?
Let's use that as a baseline for thinking what other structural changes
to do before 1.0.

> I'd like to have some kind of grouping/distinction of things
> like rmi and webdav that act as network client interfaces.
> Would "org.apache.jackrabbit.via.rmi" be okay?

OK for me.

The more I think about the idea of promoting stable contrib (/sandbox)
projects to the main source tree, the more I like it. It will create
more maintenance issues as the main codebase grows, but I think the
benefits for the build and deployment processes and documentation are
worth the trouble.

BR,

Jukka Zitting