jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Leau <costin.l...@gmail.com>
Subject transaction implementation
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 06:54:03 GMT
Hello,

I'm working on creating on spring support for jackrabbit and jsr-170
in general and right now there are two variants of a local transaction
manager:

1. one that uses XAResource and assigns dummy Xid's internally in
order to create a Transaction object with commit/rollback.

2. one that creates a proxy object around the session and cancels the
refresh/save methods (which act as rollback/commit). The advantage is
that this approach can work even on repositories which don't have
transaction support integrated.

I'd like to know if the second approach is a valid one; does this
approach covers all the cases inside a session? I'm concerned that the
refresh(true)/refresh(false) combination by being ignored by the proxy
yields an invalid behavior of the session (different if it were not a
proxy).
If that's the case can somebody point out a case that works okay if
using the XASession and fails when using the proxy?

Thanks.
--
Best regards,
 Costin                          mailto:costin.leau@gmail.com