jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TCK Compliance.
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2005 15:46:36 GMT
hi walter,

thanks for bringing up this topic.

On 8/5/05, Walter <walterb@builditglobal.com> wrote:
> Can someone please explain to me if "multiple workspaces" are considered
> "optional" in the TCK and whether successful testing is required for TCK
> certification?
> "A content repository is composed of a number of workspaces. Each
> workspace contains a single rooted tree of items. In the simplest case a
> repository will consist of just one workspace. In more complex cases a
> repository will consist of more than one workspace.
> A repository with only a single workspace consists of a single tree of
> nodes and properties.
> In repositories that have multiple workspaces, a node in one workspace
> may have corresponding nodes in other workspaces."
as a matter of fact you are right. a level 2 compliant repository does not
require multiple workspaces.

i think we had a "grouping issue" with the cross-workspace the testcases for
.clone(), update() and .merge() in the tck.

i think they got stuck in level 2 instead of being their own group.
the good news is that we can fix that in a minor rev of the tck.

do you think you can file this issue as a jira bug?

regards,
david