jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Kiessler <oliver.kiess...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Open Source Content Browser
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 15:03:50 GMT
> I managed to download, build and install the browser. I also tried my best
> configuring it (prior to building), but I keep getting:
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException: bad karma: karma: null
>         com.inceedo.karma.common.servlet.FrameworkContainer.processRequest(FrameworkContainer.java:173)
>         com.inceedo.karma.common.servlet.FrameworkContainer.doGet(FrameworkContainer.java:187)
>         javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
>         javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
>
> Is this anything general about the framework used or might it be that it
> cannot find the repository.

I think it doesn't find the repository. Did you have a look at the
Readme file? You need to edit the applicationContext.xml file in
src/webapp/WEB-INF. Please search for "jaasConfigFile",
"repositoryDir" and "configFile" in applicationContext.xml. Usually
that is where those errors come from. If you still have a problem,
please post/send me the complete stacktrace.

Please note that I have tested the repositorybrowser only with a
repository created by karma-jcr. So please run "the Init the
repository" function in your browser webapp first (first screen when
opening http://localhost:8080/browser/). It will not run on any
repository so far! karma-jcr comes with a "special" repository layout.

Sorry for the inconvienence (but it's very early code)....

regards,
oliver