jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Matthew P Foemmel <MFoem...@thoughtworks.com>
Subject "instanceof" function for xpath queries
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 18:54:19 GMT
Hi all,

I was wondering if there was an easy way to search a repository for all
nodes of a specific type, including subtypes? For example, the xpath
query:

//*[@jcr:primaryType='my:nodeType']

will match all nodes with the exact type 'my:nodetype', but not nodes with
types that inherit from it. I guess what I'd like to see is an "is"
function that works like the "instanceof" function in Java:

//*[is(my:nodeType)]

I've read the JSR-170 spec and checked out some of the xpath query code,
but couldn't find support for something like this. I feel like I'm missing
something obvious though...

Cheers,

Matthew Foemmel
ThoughtWorks, Inc.