jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Skinner" <Paul.Skin...@gossinteractive.com>
Subject Re: Config change
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:48:11 GMT
Hi,

I have applied the change to the <SearchIndex> tag in the
repository.xml, as indicated below, but I still get the same error when
I start the repository:

"javax.jcr.RepositoryException: SearchIndex requires 'path' parameter in
configuration!"

I have confirmed that I am using the latest svn revision. Is there
anything else I need to do?

Thanks in advance

Paul

-----------
Marcel Reutegger wrote:

With the resolution of jira issue JCR-189 I needed to change the
configuration for the search index. That means if you are upgrading to a
jackrabbit build where svn revision >= 233174 you need to adapt your
config.

E.g. you might use something like the follwing now:

<SearchIndex
     <FileSystem
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">
         <param name="path" value="${wsp.home}/index"/>
     </FileSystem>
</SearchIndex>

after upgrading you should use:

<SearchIndex
     <param name="path" value="${wsp.home}/index"/> </SearchIndex>

The FileSystem element is now optional, and only needed if the
QueryHandler implementation requires it.
When using the default QueryHandler
(org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.SearchIndex) the parameter
'path' is mandatory! If the parameter is missing the repository will
fail to start.

regards
  marcel

Come visit us at:

Content Management Europe Exhibition.  29th November - 1st December 2005, Olympia Grand Hall,
London.  Stand # 341

GOSS - Ranked 4th in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards 2004 and 88th in the Deloitte
Technology Fast 500 EMEA.

This email contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged.

Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information may be
intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. This
email and any files attached to it have been checked with virus detection software before
viruses.