jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "McComsey, Doug" <Doug.Mccom...@ca.com>
Subject ValueFactoryTest.testValueFormatException issues incorrect message
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 21:50:12 GMT
Minor point on the TCK test class ValueFactoryTest, method testValueFormatException.

Many of the tests issue this message:

      fail("Conversion from String " + nameValueFail
           + " to a Date value should throw ValueFormatException.");

Unfortunately the same message is issued for Date, Double, Long, Name, and Path. It looks
like the old cloned message problem (Thank God I’ve never done that ☺.)

I suggest the message be changed to indicate the correct type or, better still, use PropertyType.nameFromValue
to derive it from types[i].

Regards,
Doug

Doug McComsey