jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Ried <FlorianR...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit RMI Server - Websphere as Client
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 07:48:50 GMT
Hi Edgar, Hi Jukka,

thank you for your answers. I didn't read the ClientRepositoryFactory
javadocs, but now it is clear. I used JNDI with other resource factories
and the problem was new to me.

I also think, that for now connection managment should be layered out to
a higher level. Removing the cache in the ClientRepositoryFactory makes
the RMI Server JNDI registration working as I expected it.

Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
> Edgar Poce wrote:
>> But I like to use jndi, so IMHO the ClientRepositoryFactory should
>> validate the reference to the remote repository and discard the
>> cached references when they become stale, just like a jdbc pool
>> discards stale connections. thoughts?
> Now that I think about this, I'm not sure why I decided to introduce
> the connection cache in the ClientRepositoryFactory. There doesn't
> seem to be any great benefit in caching the connections (at this
> level) and the current behaviour only introduces unnecessary
> complexity. Would anyone mind if I just removed the connection cache
> to solve this issue?
> If needed, connections could still be cached for example by using JNDI
> or some other solution like commons-pool.
> BR,
> Jukka Zitting

View raw message