jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Config change
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 07:29:02 GMT
Hi Paul,

you need to change your workspace.xml configs as well. the
repository.xml only serves as a template for new workspace.xml files (at
least for the workspaces section).

regards
  marcel

Paul Skinner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have applied the change to the <SearchIndex> tag in the
> repository.xml, as indicated below, but I still get the same error when
> I start the repository:
>
> "javax.jcr.RepositoryException: SearchIndex requires 'path' parameter in
> configuration!"
>
> I have confirmed that I am using the latest svn revision. Is there
> anything else I need to do?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Paul
>

> -----------
> Marcel Reutegger wrote:
>
> With the resolution of jira issue JCR-189 I needed to change the
> configuration for the search index. That means if you are upgrading to a
> jackrabbit build where svn revision >= 233174 you need to adapt your
> config.
>
> E.g. you might use something like the follwing now:
>
> <SearchIndex
> class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.SearchIndex">
>      <FileSystem
> class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">
>          <param name="path" value="${wsp.home}/index"/>
>      </FileSystem>
> </SearchIndex>
>
> after upgrading you should use:
>
> <SearchIndex
> class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.SearchIndex">
>      <param name="path" value="${wsp.home}/index"/> </SearchIndex>
>
> The FileSystem element is now optional, and only needed if the
> QueryHandler implementation requires it.
> When using the default QueryHandler
> (org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.SearchIndex) the parameter
> 'path' is mandatory! If the parameter is missing the repository will
> fail to start.
>
> regards
>   marcel
>
> Come visit us at:
>
> Content Management Europe Exhibition.  29th November - 1st December 2005, Olympia Grand
Hall, London.  Stand # 341

> GOSS - Ranked 4th in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards 2004 and 88th in the Deloitte
Technology Fast 500 EMEA.

> This email contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged.
>

> Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information may
be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses.
This email and any files attached to it have been checked with virus detection software before
viruses.