jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <ju...@zitting.name>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit RMI Server - Websphere as Client
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 20:33:58 GMT
Hi,

Edgar Poce wrote:
> But I like to use jndi, so IMHO the ClientRepositoryFactory should
> validate the reference to the remote repository and discard the cached
> references when they become stale, just like a jdbc pool discards stale
> connections. thoughts?

Now that I think about this, I'm not sure why I decided to introduce the
connection cache in the ClientRepositoryFactory. There doesn't seem to
be any great benefit in caching the connections (at this level) and the
current behaviour only introduces unnecessary complexity. Would anyone
mind if I just removed the connection cache to solve this issue?

If needed, connections could still be cached for example by using JNDI
or some other solution like commons-pool.

BR,

Jukka Zitting