jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: query problem
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 08:01:00 GMT
Hi Brian,

this is clearly a bug. however, your query will never return any results.

If you want to specify an absolute XPath it must always begin with
/jcr:root otherwise you won't get any results. You may also write a
relative XPath, which would be something like:

bcm/cal//element(*, caldav:resource)[@caldav:uid =
'59BC120D-E909-4A56-A70D-8E97914E51A3']

and of course using:

//whatever

will also work because it includes /jcr:root

See spec section 6.6.4.3

Running a similar query with test data on my workspace returned the
expected results when using an absolute path beginning with /jcr:root or
when using a relative path.

I have not been able to reproduce a indefinite hang. even with the
'wrong' absolute query.

Could you please try to create a threaddump while jackrabbit seems to
hang and post it to this list? thanks

I'll create a jira issue in the meantime and fix the
UnsupportedOperationException asap.

regards
  marcel