jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: Connecting WebDAV bridge to SVN
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2005 07:20:26 GMT

> the former (Simple) is a generic class 1&2 webdav protocol implementation,

thus no deltaV, searching, proppatch with the simple-servlet
up to now.
but it's a limitation of the simple/DavResourceImpl, which
only implements the DavResouce interface. if you would need it,
you could add that functionality or create your own resource
implementation.

> the source code structure does not make it evident

what a pitty!
i hoped the last reorg would improve that :)

'jcr' packages always refer to classes used for the jcrserver
       thus the webdav-remoting stuff.
       how that's done is described in the document i mentioned
       before (nodes are collections, properties are non-collections
       to make it very short).

'simple' refers to the simple-webdav. we called it simple
          because it maps 'nt:file' to non-collection and
          any other node to collection. jcr properties are
          not mapped as resources. the aim was to provide a
          very simple, 'human-readable' way to look at a
          jcr repository with webdav.

in more detail:

+ jcr-webdav module   (library only)

   > org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav = webdav-library,
                                    nothing jcr-specific,
                                    no implementation

+ jcr-server module   (server and dav-impls used on server side)

   > org.apache.jackrabbit.server        = the server in general
   > org.apache.jackrabbit.server.jcr    = jcrserver specific server part
   > org.apache.jackrabbit.server.simple = <not used>
   > org.apache.jackrabbit.server.io     = the commands (currently
                                           used in simple)
   > org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.simple = the simple webdav impl
   > org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.jcr    = impl for the jcrserver

+ jackrabbit-server module (servlets)

   > org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee          = servlets for both simple and
                                           jcrserver and related classes.

+ jcr-client module

   < nothing, will somewhen contain a general jcr-client and a webdav
     transport layer for the client. >

> angela had to beat it into my brain on the

beating? me? can't remember... :)

regards
angela