jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <ju...@zitting.name>
Subject Re: Rethinking the great split
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 16:21:11 GMT
Hi,

Tobias wrote:
> well, i can't see another nice way of doing this. so maybe a common
> source directory would be the easiest solution. however, we should
> also check the new features of maven 2.0 in respect of multiproject
> capabilities:

The Maven 2.0 option sounds interesting. Great if you can take some time
to experiment with it. If it works out fine, I'd be happy to go along,
otherwise we can fall back to the old model.

About the ABS proposal: While the project seems interesting, it seems to
be too premature for our needs. Even if Maven hasn't got a good answer
to all our needs, it still covers many of them most excellently. In my
opinion the multiproject problem is nowhere near grave enough to warrant
considering a switch from Maven.

BR,

Jukka Zitting