jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Manuel Zini <mlz...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: jackrabbit and webdav
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:46:31 GMT
Thanks Dave for pointing out something that was
bothering me as well.

My company has to design and develop an application to
serve as a document repository for a small
governmental istitution together with some workflow
functionality.

By now I have two choices:

1. JackRabbit
2. Slide

Since the application requirements could be fulfilled
by any reliable document repository which exposes a
webdav/deltav interface.

And there comes the question...

why the two projects splitted up ?
what is in the future of the slide project ?
are the developers and users of the slide project
going to migrate to jackrabbit ?
When is the first release of jackrabbit planned ?

I would thank anyone that could shed some light on
this topic, which in the end is about evaluating the
risk of choosing a platform to start a project from.

Thanks

http://mail.yahoo.it