jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Andries Demont <andries.dem...@student.kuleuven.be>
Subject remote access with a client
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 09:15:05 GMT
hi all

I deployed the jack-rabbit server on the tomcat 5.5 server.

The client i use looks like this:

String name = "//laptop-steven:2005/jackrabbit.repository";

ClientRepositoryFactory crf = new ClientRepositoryFactory();
Repository repository = crf.getRepository(name);

RemoteAdapterFactory factory = new ServerAdapterFactory();
RemoteRepository remote = factory.getRemoteRepository(repository);
Naming.bind(name, remote);// Make the RMI binding using java.rmi.Naming

RemoteSession session = remote.login(new SimpleCredentials
("userid", "".toCharArray()), null);

I tried a lot of urls, but none of them worked. I'm still a beginner
in distibuted software, so I think this isn't a difficult problem. Can
anybody help me?

This is the stacktrace of the code above:

java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling return; nested
exception is:
	java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: Software
	at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)
	at java.rmi.Naming.lookup(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.ClientRepositoryFactory.getRepository
(ClientRepositoryFactory.java:99)
	at Remote_Test.main(Remote_Test.java:36)
caused by:
java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: Software
	at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.server.LoaderHandler.pathToURLs(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.server.LoaderHandler.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at java.rmi.server.RMIClassLoader$2.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.rmi.server.RMIClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.server.MarshalInputStream.resolveClass(Unknown
Source)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(Unknown Source)