jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Wiggen" <kwig...@xythos.com>
Subject RE: PROPPATCH in simple webdav server
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 16:02:58 GMT

In 2518 it is true that properties are not multi-valued.

That being said, work has been done since 2518 and we now have
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
7567

which includes how to do datatypes in Webdav.

Also note that earlier drafts
(http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-property-datatype
s-06.html) included arrays and extensions to DASL that allow for
searching of arrays.

Some Webdav Servers have implemented both the datatyping and array
portions of these drafts.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Moseley [mailto:bcm@osafoundation.org]
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 12:15 AM
To: jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: PROPPATCH in simple webdav server

Angela Schreiber wrote:

> "Export: In the context of export, the repository may either ignore
the
> multi-value property or serialize it as an attribute whose value is an

> XML Schema list type  (i.e., a whitespace-delimited list of strings)."
>
> and i had the feeling that no exporting them would be
> the better option.

ok. i was concerned that webdav properties themselves could be
multivalued, and that not allowing multivalued jcr properties would be
problematic there, but i can't find anything in rfc 2518 that says
webdav properties can be multivalued, so i guess it's not an issue.

> anyway: if the PROPPATCH does not work as you would expect,
> please post a JIRA issue and i will certainly look at it as
> soon as possible.

will do. tho if you don't mind, could you describe how you generate
webdav requests for testing the server? i'd like to use the same method
that you do in order to eliminate the possibility that i'm just sending
bad requests to the server. thanks!