jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: associations between nodes
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:05:16 GMT
hi jim,

> Prof Mazzochi sounds 'way off' ;-) ,
well, so be it ;)
i just thought that something like this could address michaels idea
of the bi-directional references.

> but thats how I've seen references - as the way to encode RDF. I forget how
> far we backed off in the final spec, but the idea of including a "following'
> clause in the query language was a way to let you query along graphs.
agreed. with respect to query languages we certainly have the liberty
to extend beyond the spec in jackrabbit. but maybe jcr:deref() is what
you were looking for.

> I don't think there's as clean a way to deal with all of RDF (e.g. reification
> (statements about statements), anonymous nodes), but I think references
> could work reasonably well for general triples.
sounds reasonable to me....

regards,
david