jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Berkeleydb persistence, and Spring support
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2005 15:49:31 GMT
hi guillaume,

sounds great. thanks a lot for the information.
the pm sounds very interesting, and i agree that this may
well be an interesting alternative to cqfs.

i assume that you have a particular application as the reason to
build this.
can you tell us more about the application and the requirements
that you needed to cover?

regards,
david

On 7/21/05, Guillaume Bort <guillaume@zenexity.fr> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have finished a first implementation of a berkeleydb persistence manager that uses
berkeleydb java edition.

> I think that this persistence manager might be a good alternative to CQFS.
> It is largely inspired by the ObjectPersistenceManager except that it stores serialized
objects as database entries instead of
> simple files.
> Others advantages are a set of tools to dump/load/verify the database, and a really atomical
write of the changelog.

> It passes the same tests as the original ObjectPersistenceManager and performances are
almost identical (sometimes better).

> I have also worked on a jcr support for the spring framework.
> I think that it's more a contribution to the spring project, but I'd like feedback from
the jackrabbit users first.
> The spring support provides a jcr session factory bean, a jcr transaction manager implementing
the spring PlatformTransactionManager and an exception translator that converts jcr exceptions
to spring data access exceptions.
> It allows the use of spring declarative transactions for jcr operations.
>
> You can download theses two packages at http://www.zenexity.fr/~guillaume/shared/
>
> regards.
>
> guillaume bort.

http://jcr.day.com JSR-170 in Action!