jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Porting JSR-170 to .net
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2005 12:47:12 GMT
hi michael,

> I just did a quick conversion of the api to c# with a tool from microsoft.
> There is a problem with the package name javax.jcr.lock since lock is a
> keyword in c# (renamed it to locking).
> The second issue was the ContentHandler from org.xml.sax, I simply
> replaced that with Object for the moment to get it compiled.
I think to get a "real .NET port" one could maybe spend a little
time porting things to make them more ".NET-friendly".
For example something like an InputStream should probably
translate to something like a System.IO.Stream or maybe
one could consider the use of .NET-properties over
getters/setters?

I think this makes the API more "natural" for .NET developers.

> So basically the api compiles but it is not yet tested. I am currently
> working on a WebDAV client in .net to be used as transport through the api.
sounds very cool, looking forward to any news.

regards,
david