jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance question
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2005 09:25:38 GMT
> It looks like I will have to try linux then :-)
> If anyone is interested, I will post back a comparison some time soon.
yes, i am interested.
as far as i remember there should already be comparisons
available, posted earlier on.

yesterday, i compared a (medium) linux box and a
(fast) windows box and i came to roughly the same
result.

( 12s-14s to import and save
http://www.day.com/maven/jsr170/distributions/jcr-1.0.zip )

[FYI, the linux box was http://jcr.day.com , feel
free to use that for your tests too. the contentloader should
be convenient. at the level of a couple of thousand of
"file/folder/resource" nodes there should be very little difference
between crx and cqfs]

> So are people mostly using unix/linux platforms for jackrabbit?
i wouldn't say that, personally i run windows on my laptop which
is the platform that i use most frequently. for production at day
we use linux and quite a number of developers run macosx.
i think the only substantial difference that can be noticed is
on bulk-load performance, which in many repository apps is
not something that is "performance critical" in the long run.

regards,
david