jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: considering use of jackrabbit
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 16:35:27 GMT
hi franco,

> i'm asking for an assessment along the lines of "i know this code and
> i'm confident that most of the kinks have been worked out".  a question
> which seems reasonable to ask for someone who's not familiar with the
> codebase...
from what i can tell from your usecase (~100 mods / day) i am very
confident that jackrabbit can handle that. we currently using and
testing jackrabbit under more than 1000x that load.

with respect to the lucene index drifting apart:
this is only happens up on abnormal
termination (vmcrash, kill -9, poweroutage) and you
can simply remove the index before startup to cause a
fresh rebuild of the entirely index.

regards,
david