jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: javax.jcr.RepositoryException 1252: unable to update item
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 12:16:37 GMT
On 7/27/05, Richard Osbaldeston <richard.osbaldeston@wordmap.com> wrote:
> Stefan, Its not a disk-space issue - at least I hope not df tells me
> I've still got 11gigs free.

that was just a wild guess, i didn't really expect that it would be that easy ;)

> Was hoping to get more debugging done on this today, but other things
> cropped up.. Did manage to
> update my copy of jackrabbit (looked to be several fixes) and retried
> running the population script on
> Windows XP.. which has also just failed, after an hour+ (typical!).
>
> Almost looked like JackRabbit suddenly restated itself mid-way through
> populating the repository? or is that just a quirk of the exception
> ordering? The "Found uncommitted redo log. Applying changes now..." and
> the "java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0" from lucene seemed
> suspicious, especially as I'd thought indexing would be disabled by
> removing the indexing configuration from the repository.xml ..maybe
> thats the difference? Need to do more digging..

ok, the only thing that i can tell from the stack trace is that lucene's index
seems to be corrupt, probably due to an abnormal process termination.

if you find the time to, try the steps i suggested in my previous mail:
 - cqfs & ObjectPersistenceManager

to further isolate the issue, try importing the files using a plain
bare jackrabbit instance without going through your application
layer. you could e.g. use code like this:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/jackrabbit/trunk/contrib/examples/src/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/examples/FSImport.java

good look hunting!

cheers
stefan